Self Love Tag

18 January 2015


1. What does self love mean to you?
For me, it has to be looking after yourself, appreciating yourself and making sure you are the best you can be for yourself. It means doing things for you, to make you happy and not doing everything for everyone else. As well as being positive despite what you actually think about yourself, chances are everyone else thinks you are wonderful the way you are.

2. What is your favourite way to pamper yourself?
Mine would have to be curling up in bed, probably with a cup of green tea to destress and watch something on Netflix while painting my nails some pretty colour.

3. What are you three favourite hobbies/pastimes that make your soul feel on fire?
  • Blogging
  • Cooking
  • Baking

4. What movie always puts you in a good mode when you're not in the greatest mood?
Frozen, like who doesn't like Frozen? I don't think I even need to say any more about this.

5. Who do you trust so much that you would easily believe in anything and everything they said?
My parents. I believe pretty much anything they tell me, and anything positive they tell me always calms me down and keeps me going!

6. What quote totally motivates you?
"Everything will be alright in the end, and if it's not alright then it's not the end"

7. When was the last time you took yourself on a date? What did you do?
Well this is awkward, I don't remember...Maybe it's about time I did!

8. What make-up or beauty products makes your feel like a million bucks?
If I have a good lipstick and some pink blusher, I feel pretty great! My skin has also been behaving quite well recently so that alone makes me feel so much better when I'm putting makeup on.

9. What is the last thing you did for someone else that made you feel amazing?
I made my Nan a photo cube for Christmas, I knew she would love it when I was making it and she did. Seeing her happy makes me happy too.

10. Do you feel comfortable with and without make-up on?
If I'm at home then I'm only truly comfortable without makeup on but if I'm out then I'm only comfortable with makeup on. I guess my point is that if I'm seeing people then I prefer to have makeup on.

11. What piece of advice would you give a child about to grow up with the pressures of today's media and its crushing expectations?
Do exactly what you want to do, if you've got a dream then go for it, why wait for someone to tell you what to do? There's no need to be like everyone else when you can be you.

12. What song puts you in a good mood every time?
I love Uptown Funk, but the one by Fleur East. Also anything by One Direction (soz) puts me in a good mood. Anything I can sing along to loudly puts me in a pretty good mood, mainly while I'm in the car driving by myself!

13. What is the best advice someone gave you or you realised about life?
That it's ok to ask for help when you need it, so many people are ashamed to ask for help but how will you get things done right if you don't ask for help when you need it?

14. Who makes you giggle like a giggle monster?
My family, we can say the weirdest things and be in hysterics for hours.

15. What is something about society that bugs you that you wish didn't?
A lot.

16. What is one of your favourite things to do on the weekends?
I've been working 6 days a week recently (yes I've been told I'm crazy and I'm about to burn out so I finally have Today and Tomorrow off), so with only 1 proper day off I normally stay in bed for a while, relax then I'll go do some shopping and of course there's plenty of blogging involved.

17. What is something you're really proud of that you've done?
This blog, it's been going for 8 months now and that's probably the longest I've ever done something for. And for all the people I talk to now because of it, I never thought I'd be able to build something like this but I have and who knows what the future holds now.

18. What is one of your favourite memories with one of your friends?
There have been some good times over the past few years but I don't want to go into too much detail about them.

19. What advice would you give someone who needs a boost in confidence?
You're great just the way you are, you don't need to be anyone but yourself and you know deep down that you can do this. Sure things may take a bit longer than you hope but it's all about the journey and your life will be better because of it. 

20. Lastly, how do you plan on investing in self-love?
I know I need to become mentally healthier but I also know that I physically need to look after myself. The food I put in my body needs to be healthier and I should exercise more. Though I also need to relax and destress more often, I don't give myself enough time to relax after work, I mean I've now been sat at my laptop for 4 hours writing and researching, I should have switched off hours ago!

--
I'd love it if you could all take a moment to think about these questions, jot them down if you want and write down a few words for each question. Everyone should think about self-love a bit more and make this year a year that you think about yourself some more.




No comments :

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric