Degustabox

4 December 2014


Hello everyone! I feel like I’ve been a bit distant lately and I haven’t given 100% into some of my posts. This is all about to change!

You don't need to tell me twice!

Now I wanted to get this post out sooner as I received this box last week, but I’ve been so busy and today I’ve been off work ill. So I thought I would use my time wisely and do some writing while I’m resting in bed!




About 3 weeks ago I signed up to Degustabox after reading several reviews of their previous boxes. I think it’s amazing, you get 9 to 14 surprises which Degustabox say can be completely new to the market and you receive a box once a month full of goodies. I got my first box for £7.99, and what an absolute bargain that is! However, starting from my next box it will be £12.99.

Needless to say I am thrilled with what I received and with some of the things I can’t wait to get cooking. Others I will share with my family for a Christmas treat, aren’t I so lovely?

I opened my box to be greeted with some cider, talk about winning! But before I get onto the food, there were a couple of recipe cards and some information on Cool Dawn, plus the retail price of all the products received.

So first up is Montano Cider, made from apples that are grown in the foothills of the Dolomites. On the website it says that the result is a golden, elegantly sparkling, medium-dry cider with a refreshing crisp finish. I’m going to be drinking this at the weekend (it’s been a long week), and it’s such a huge bottle…bigger than my head…so I will be enjoying myself a little bit! I’m also told that it’s available at Tesco and also in Strada restaurants.


Next we have Kettle Chips, one of their limited edition flavours for Christmas and I got Salsa and Mesquite, which I am so happy with because I love anything with a tomato flavour. Apparently this was one of the original flavours that the brand did back in 1988 so they’ve bought it back this Christmas. It combines the flavours of tomatoes, chillies, peppers and the aroma of barbecues. Maybe I’ll enjoy this with my cider at the weekend!


Now who doesn’t love finding a hangover cure? Cool Dawn is an effective herbal detox drink, which helps to prevent and cure hangovers. I know you’re already dying to know where you can buy these, so visit this website for more information.


I also found 5 stars in the box, which turned out to be 5 of Lindt Lindor My Melting Moment. They are one hell of a moment indeed! You’ve probably spotted these in the supermarkets, I know I tried one last year and they literally just melt in your mouth but they don’t last long so maybe buy a few if you need a good old chocolate fix.


From other reviews that I’ve read I think that this isn’t the first time a product from Kent’s Kitchen has popped up in the box. This month we got a pack of 4 flavour shots and mine was for fajitas. Which will most likely get used this weekend too. Are you seeing a pattern here? I’m so impressed with the look of these that you should definitely check out their website.


We’re almost at the end now, boo, and I’m sorry for such a long post but I hope you’re enjoying it!

I also got two little bottles of Pip Organic Cloudy Apple Juice which I think I’ll be taking to work with me to try get myself feeling much better again! They are not from concentrate, there are no added sugars, water, preservatives or additives, is this not the perfect juice to you?


Second to last is one of the new Branston Chutneys, which I got in Mediterranean Tomato. I was really hesitant at first but I’ve come round to the idea of it and I’m trying to think of what I can use it in. The suggestion on the Degustabox website is to use it with smokey meats, cheddar and biscuits, so I might try that. You can get it in shops now.


This is where the recipe cards come in handy, there are 2 recipes for this chutney, the first being chutney and cheese sausage rolls which don’t seem too bad but there’s also Mediterranean tomato bubbles and squeak cakes which sound so good! And this is completely perfect for Christmas; we always have bubble and squeak from our leftovers on Boxing Day!


So last, but without a doubt, not least, is the one thing that I’m looking forward to use the most. Two different curry sauces by Holy Cow! in Mughlai Korma Curry Sauce which sounds great and also Madras Chettinad Curry Sauce which I know is going to be spicy, not sure if I’m scared or excited about that one! So these are made with all natural ingredients, no artificial colours, flavours or preservatives, they are gluten free and suitable for vegetarians and coeliacs. I am most definitely going to do a review about these when I get round to making it.



I also forgot that I got a Chai Latte sample, but I’m not too excited about this…



So there it is, what do you think? I found out I should get the December box in a couple of weeks so stay tuned for that one.


Do you get a Degustabox each month? Or do you think you might get one?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric