Kingston Market

11 November 2014


This is somewhere that I walk past on a regular basis to and from my way to work.
Every week there’s something new happening and it’s fascinating to walk past! Only the other week they had an Italian theme with extra stalls set up with pizza and all kinds of Italian nibbles, unfortunately I was in a rush for work and didn’t have time to stop and take a good look.





A bit of background about Kingston market is that it has been one of the oldest every day markets in the UK. It’s been there for over 800 years! They’ve also recently given the marketplace a new lick of paint so to speak and I think it looks great.

I personally don’t think the market gets enough credit. I don’t give it enough to be honest; I should really shop there more because it is such good value for money. All of this cost me £4 and you can tell that it tastes so much better than what you get in the supermarkets.


Another thing I found out while I was doing my research for this post is that start from the Christmas light switch on on the 13th November is that the beautiful ancient market will turn into a Christmas market, which is unbelievably exciting. You can already imagine the glittering lights, the smell of mulled wine and all of those amazing Christmas gifts.
I’m excited alright?!



No comments :

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric