White Sauce

17 September 2014

Over the years I’ve made this countless amount of times, so here’s the recipe I use and my tips to go with it.

Ingredients:
25g butter
25g plain flour
600ml milk
25g cheddar cheese

Method:
Melt the butter in a saucepan, over a low heat.


Stir in the flour and cook for 1 to 2 minutes. I recommend constantly stirring to avoid it sticking and not burning.



Take the pan of the heat and gradually stir in the milk to get a smooth sauce. Return to the heat and, stirring all the time, bring to the boil. It’s important not to leave it, keep your eye on it at all times to avoid it catching or it will ruin.


Add in the cheese and whisk while it is on the heat, this will allow it to thicken it up quite quickly but leave it on the heat until it does, whisking regularly.





I will be referencing this recipe quite a lot in my next few recipes.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric