My favourite place I’ve visited…

30 September 2014


This is New York obviously. Hands down the most amazing place I’ve ever been, sure there are going to be so many other places I’ll visit, my list is ever growing, but my heart will always be with NYC I’m afraid.



There’s just something so big and busy and hectic that makes it so exciting. The next chance I get I will be over there like a shot, though that’s only because I’m lucky enough that my Dad has to go over there once a month to work.


On my most recent visit in October 2013, we went to the zoo (I LOVE zoos), saw the New York Marathon, visited the Natural History Museum and also visited the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island as well.
My favourite part would have had to be the zoo!


Another place we visited, which was truly incredible, was Ground Zero. I was old enough to remember 9/11 so when I went there I got a bit choked up at what an amazing place it was. It’s definitely somewhere that I want to visit again and I think there’s a museum there now which I can imagine would be absolutely fascinating (museum nerd right here).

Brooklyn Bridge is beautiful. I struggled quite a lot with walking about, we were constantly walking everywhere and Brooklyn Bridge isn’t exactly a short walk! The views from the bridge were amazing. Here are some of my favourite pictures:




I was talking to my brother a few weeks ago (he’s 12 and the most I can normally get out of him is a yeah every now and then), and he said that he loves New York and it was loads of fun. There were lots of good shops we went to – FAO Schwartz and the Apple store was incredible. He also told me that the walking around was fun, as well as the museums he visited, the statue of liberty boat ride and the year before they went up the empire state building (I’m unbelievably jealous).





I also spoke to my friend, Sarah, who visited in 2010 and she said she really enjoyed it as well. Some of her highlights were the Rockefeller centre, going to Planet Hollywood and the film props there and also Ground Zero. She also said that the New York tour bus was good and her family also took a horse and carriage through central park and they were told what movies were filmed where.

I love talking to people about what they do when they go places, so I can get ideas of what I want to do when I go to those places!


After talking to Sarah and a few others, there’s still so much that I haven’t seen and that I want to go and visit, I just need to get back there soon!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric