Moussaka

20 September 2014

This is a traditional Greek recipe, which my family fell in love with when we visited Athens last month. I used beef in my recipe instead of lamb but you could use any minced meat that you have available. I made it in the same way as a lasagne with a couple of layers whereas it is traditionally made with one.

Ingredients:
A batch of white sauce
A batch of bolognaise sauce
4 medium potatoes
1 aubergine
Olive oil
Salt and pepper

Method:
  1. First of all make up your batches of white sauce and bolognaise sauce.
  2. Peel your potatoes and chop them up into slices. Boil them for about 8 minutes; tip them into a colander and blast with cold water to cool them down.
  3. Next chop the aubergine into slices, put them in a colander with some salt for 10 minutes. Then put them into a saucepan with some olive oil and cook on each side for 5 minutes, do this for all of the slices. Put them onto some kitchen towel to soak up all of the oil that isn’t required.



  4. Assemble the moussaka. Put a layer of bolognaise sauce, then a layer of aubergine, followed by a layer of potatoes and then the white sauce over it all. As mentioned before I repeated this again but you could just do one layer of all of them but use all of the mixture for each layer.






  5. Place in the oven for 45 minutes at 180C. I served this by itself and my sister said it was really good! I will take that from her!!



No comments :

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric