Chilli con carne

23 September 2014

I recently found a few new ingredients that I wanted to try out so I made this for my housemates on Sunday night and they can’t stop telling me how much they love it. If they keep telling me how much they love my food I might want to live with them forever!

Ingredients:
450g beef mince
1 tin of kidney beans
1 tin of Heinz vegetable chilli beans
1 tin of chopped tomatoes
1 chopped pepper
1 chopped onion
Chilli flakes
Salt and pepper
Olive oil

Method:
Start by putting some olive oil in a saucepan then adding the onion. Cook for 3 minutes then add the pepper and cook for another 2 minutes.


Add the beef mince and brown off, cooking for roughly 10 minutes. Adding salt and pepper whilst it is cooking.


Add all of the beans and the chopped tomatoes and a teaspoon of chilli flakes and cook for another 5 minutes.




Leave the chilli con carne to simmer for 15 minutes.





I served mine with rice and an Old el Paso Stand N’ Stuff Soft Taco Kit and some salsa. It was so much better than any chilli I had had before and maybe that’s why my housemates loved it so much. Next I’ll be trying burritos!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric