Bolognaise Sauce

11 September 2014

This is the first thing that I ever learnt to cook so that I could make lasagne. I must have been 14 at the time; my Aunty bought me a Sam Stern Recipe Book (I still have it!) and I followed the recipe to make lasagne. I’m now a pro and make it without a recipe, how great am I!

Anyway, here’s the recipe that I go by when I make it.

Ingredients:
1 onion
2 carrots
1 garlic clove
450g mince beef
1 beef stock cube
1 tin of tomatoes
Olive oil
Salt and pepper

Method:
  1. Start by cutting up the onion and carrot and taking off the outside of the garlic clove. This time I blitzed them all up because otherwise my brother won’t eat it. I would normally just dice up the onion and carrot into small pieces and mince the garlic cloves.



  2. Add the onion, carrot and garlic to a pan with some oil and fry it for about 5 minutes to soften them all.



  3. Add the mince beef and brown it by cooking for about 8 minutes while breaking up the mince into smaller pieces.



  4. Add the tin of tomatoes, stock cube and seasoning. Fill up the tin with water and add that as well. Stir it all together and simmer for 15 minutes, keep stirring throughout.




The dogs loved the smell of it too!

This sauce can be used in a lasagne or moussaka or just on pasta with some cheese. All of these recipes are coming in the next week or so! With my own twist of course!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric